Welcome to the digital home of the UCC Skills Centre, a new and exciting student support development for all UCC students.
Our priority is you, the UCC student. The Skills Centre provides a dedicated, responsive and active learning space for the enhancement of your study skills, further contributing to a positive and successful student experience here in UCC.
The Skills Centre enhances the student experience through the provision of customised workshops and sessions. These sessions will help develop and enhance your essential study skills. We offer a free and friendly place for all UCC students to come and improve their study skills.
Peer tutors and Staff members will facilitate group sessions, one to one appointments and drop in sessions. Core learning will be strengthened through the delivery of study strategies, providing the scaffolding and building blocks for independent and critical thinking.
We have a wide range of workshops available throughout the 2017-2018 academic year, from early transition to definite progression in University life.
Connect with the Skills Centre anytime, either by booking an appointment, secure your seat in a skills session, and even reserve your one to one slot.
- Note-Taking: how to record and organise all the information required for study at third level.
- Unpacking the Question: how to approach an assignment
- Proof Reading and Editing: the how to guide.
- Critical Thinking Workshops: exploring and developing your critical thinking skills.
- Presentation Skills: how to deliver Powerful Presentations.
You can contact the Skills Centre on email@example.com or on 021 4903839, or just pop by, we are located on Q-1 of the Boole Library.